Sunday, September 6, 2009

They got me

While grocery shopping this weekend, I fell for it. Like most folks these days, my hubby and I are on a budget. I try to get the most bang for our buck each visit to the grocery store. At the check out, I have my coupons ready for the double, my store discount card handy, and my crumbled list in hand- the list from which I did not deviate even though I was slightly tempted in the baking aisle.

However, this weekend they got me! While reaching for a gallon of milk, my attention was diverted to a product that has some of the best packaging I have ever seen. So sleek, so beautiful. As a result, I couldn't help myself. I added the product to my cart confident that it was worth it. I spent $1.79 more than I had bargained to do all because this product looked so amazing I knew it must have a flavor comparable to the package. Silly? Well, kind of. However, it does taste as good as it looks and I got a treat for us to enjoy this week for less than $2! It didn't break the bank and it made me and my hubby happy.

International Delights -thanks for flavoring my world (well my coffee anyway). And, I hope and pray whoever designed the packaging for your new product line receives a major award!

I feel a little strange now that I know I am not immune to the clever marketing schemes of food companies. I guess the only comfort is knowing that I fell victim in an area where I am already weak - coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment